Advisor: Leah Grisafi 558-6040, email@example.com
Attention seniors: If you are an active member of Honor Society, the National Honor Society scholarship is open. In order to be considered active, you must submit your 20 hours of community service and pay your dues to Mrs. Grisafi, room A202 by 12/20/19 or sooner. Scholarship opens on 10/1 and closes on 12/6/19. Start early with this scholarship; it is involved but worth it.
See Mrs. Grisafi if you have any questions.
Honor Society helps students continue in the development of skills in leadership, service, scholarship, and character. Scholarships and college entrance are possible benefits to its members. Members wear honor cords at graduation and have their names starred in the program. Academic letters are available. This group is involved in three service projects per year.
The opportunity to join the UHS branch of the National Honor Society (NHS) happens every year with new applications from students with 3.5 GPA or higher due in by early April. The new member induction ceremony is May 12, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
New Members will receive their induction certificate to NHS and their academic letter (district academic award). Returning NHS members will receive a certificate of achievement, and a torch (school award) to add to their letter, and should pick that up in A202. (Bring $4 dues receipt and community service form with 20 hours completed to get your letter). Grades are checked at every report card.
General member meetings in A202 every other month at 8 am. Information and forms are available in A202 anytime.
To become a member and maintain active member status, students must:
- Students can apply after first semester grades are posted and must have a 3.5 cumulative to stay in Honor Society.
- Earn twenty hours of community service per school year.
- Pay $4.00 dues per year.
- Freshmen are given the entire summer going into their sophomore year to complete the 20 hours of community service.
- Application and essay for all new members are due by Friday, 2/28/20.
- Students that are already active in Honor Society must turn in their community service forms and dues by 2/28/20.
- If you are a sophomore and were given the summer to complete your hours, you must turn in your community service forms by 10/25/19.
All forms can be found and sent through Google classroom, code: pxbnzd.